Steel Wire Products
We at Haggie Rand manufacture a range of high quality, laboratory tested steel wire ropes and products at our Kwekwe plant. Today the company has factories in South Africa, Belgium, Zambia and Zimbabwe, producing high carbon wire and strand, steel wire ropes and fibre ropes and twines.
- Mining Ropes : double drum winders; Koepe/Fiction winders; shaft sinking; mine hoists; dragline hoist-and-drag ropes; face shovels.
- Wire Ropes for Face Shovels : these must be able to with stand repeated bending diameter ratios, dictate the rope to be used to optimise performance.
- Wire Ropes for Draglines : these must offer resistance to abrasion and plastic deformation, in addition to the stresses affecting shovel rope performance. They are invariably a compromise between those offering resistance to abrasion and those which can withstand bending fatigue.
- Scraper and Haulage/Hoisting Ropes : Haggie Rand’s expertise in designing and producing ropes makes the Company the world’s leading manufacturer of wire ropes for deep level mine winding. As the mines became deeper, the demand for longer, heavier and stronger ropes increased. The knowledge and craftsmanship gained has been extended to all products which match or exceed the mining worlds requirements.
- General Purpose Ropes : forestry; drilling and piling; winches and hoists; elevators; cranes; marine; fishing; shipping.
- Ropes for off-shore applications : anchor lines; pennant lines; slings; drillling lines; tubing and sucker lines; low rotation crane ropes.
- Static ropes : aerial ropeways; dragline pendants; guy and stay ropes; ropes for bridges; stay wire and earthwire for electrical purposes steel strand core for aluminium conductors.