The Scaw Metals Group of which Haggie Rand Zimbabwe is a part,is a diversified iron, steel and engineering operation and it recognises the impact its activities may have on its employees., the environment and nearby communities.
The organisation commits itself to sustainable development by operating with due regards for economic, social, cultural and environmental concerns.
Haggie Rand Zimbabwe is committed to operating an effective environmental management system based on ISO 14001:2004 and employing preventive measures to minimises environmental risks.
The company is committed to continual improvement and sustaining the development of the environmental systems to meet the present and future needs of the organisation, workforce and surrounding communities.
Through a demand for high productivity, competent staff and employee participation, we seek to pro-actively market high quality, efficiently produced products to satisfy market needs with full awareness of our strategic position.
Employees’ safety and health as well as looking after the environment is always top priority.
High quality goods constantly in accordance with the ISO Standards. These statements provide us with not only our purpose and direction, but also dictate our marketing strategy. It is why we:
- Produce a comprehensive range of high quality steel wire and steel products at the Wire and rope factory in Kwekwe
- Established branches in Harare and Bulawayo to provide customers with a faster, more efficient service through well trained staff
- Introduced proof-testing and splicing services at our major branches as part of our total customer service.
- Introduced Wireworks Division with small outlets throughout the country focused on promoting and selling our products.
- Established Lifting Services which is responsible for chains, slings etc.
- Make available an extensive range of product catalogues, which furnish meaningful user information.
- Maintain OHSAS 18001:2004 certification
- Maintain ISO 9001:2000 certification to ensure a constant supply of high quality products to our customers.
- Maintain ISO 14001:2004 certification.
- Offer the services of a team of qualified engineers dedicated to providing on- and off-site technical support.
Lifting is a dangerous business, lives and loads depend on the integrity of our product and the quality of advice given. With over 80 years experience in business, our Southern African group is uniquely qualified to meet these needs. The organisation strives to meet customer requirements and to exceed customer expectations.